Thursday 24 May 2012

Sunshine, Lollipops & Rainbows

I bet you're all singing that song now thanks to todays title.


When I was in my late teens and my friends were all sunbathing, bedhopping, drinking, dancing and buying late night kebabs at The Souvalaki Bar, every single one of my girlfriends at some point lived in Northbridge, often an apartment in the Pink Palace (a local apartment complex painted flamingo pink which had low rent and a high occupancy turnover). The other home area of choice were the many apartments and house shares in Mt Lawley, around the intersections of Beaufort Street and Central Avenue and the streets adjacent. Neither of these was too far from the Swan River and I spent days jetty diving and swimming, scare storying about sharks in the river. I was also a mad keen waterskier at the Narrows, this pic reminds me of those rose-tinted, halcyon days, just getting out and cooling off in the sunshine.



No comments:

Post a Comment